Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Friday morning I went to my new doctor who is going to deliver Olivia. After about 15 minutes she had already talked to me more than my Dr in Winnemucca did the whole 8 months I saw him. As she was doing an ultrasound on my belly she found out it was a BOY! Just kidding! But she did find that her abdomen is measuring at about 35 weeks and she said she didn't see enough amniotic fluid. So I have to go in tomorrow for another ultrasound in the hospital, because I guess sometimes the baby will shift and they can find more amniotic fluid. But if they don't find anymore they might have to take her early C-section. The problem with not having enough fluid is her umbilical cord can get pinched so she doesn't get enough nutrients and oxygen. She said that everything else looks really healthy and that if she were stressed she wouldn't be doing some of the things she saw, so that's a good sign. They did a stress test to see how her heart rate was doing. I guess baby's hearts will spike and then calm down and spike and calm down, to practice for when you get scared and your heart rate goes up. So they strapped the machine to my belly and I sat there for about 15 minutes listening to her heart beat. After a while her heartbeat didn't spike, so the Dr got this little buzzer thing and said she was going to put it on my belly to wake her up. The Dr tested it on me and that's all it took, her heart rate went zooming up from 145 to about 175 (the highest it went the whole time). So all she needed was the threat of being buzzed, it was pretty funny.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Things I will NOT miss:
1. Being called right after the pharmacy closes to let me know that someone is out of meds
2. Wiping the butts of grown men
3. Having my hair pulled, being slapped, pushed, punched, and screamed at
4. Being interupted at dinner to have to rush to the pharmacy before they close
5. Going to the pharmacy just about everyday
6. Having poop smeared on me
Things I will miss:
1. Angel aka Meho saying "I want you to sit down please"
2. Deandra teling me I'm pretty
3. David's quiet chuckles to himself
4. Eric telling me he watched Bob Bark and that someone won a car
5. Cody screaming "DANGER" and "I wanna go home" everywhere we go
6. John saying Hi to me until I respond to him
7. Lena's cackle
8. Erin letting me know about all her Dr appointments and meds (like I don't know already : )
9. Blane singing Happy Birthday
10. Cheryl always asking me "How you doing girl" and walking me to the car when its dark
11. All the clients at Sonoma Industries treating me like a celebrity when I walk in the door
Some of my favorite memories of working with the clients:
1. Music in the background--Go Shorty, it's your birthday, were gonna party like its your birthday and Meho shouting "DECEMBER" because thats when his birthday is
2. Going to Denny's with Cody and having some strangers pay for our lunch even though Cody was screaming at the top of his lungs the whole time we were there
3. Cody screaming "Donna!" at Donna's memorial service as all the ballons were floating up to her in heaven with everyones notes attached to the ballons
4. Blane getting hit in the head and getting really angry at the automatic closing hatch on the car
As much as I complained about my job, I really grew to love all of the clients (even though we are not friends, we are staff).
Monday, October 12, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Dream #I had a dream where my ultrasound tech was wrong and I had everything all ready for our little "girl" which wasn't so girly afterall, she was a he! In my dream I had made everything in the nursery pink, but in real life everything is going to be neutral so that if we have a little boy in the future I won't have to change a thing. I'm pretty sure its going to be a girl though : )
Dream #2 So Andrew and I apparently got in with the wrong crowd and we tried robbing a bank with 2 other people. As we were putting the money into the get away car the two others sped off in the car leaving us stranded and we got arrested. Then somehow my bike was outside of the jail and we somehow escaped on my bike. Then Andrew said we needed to seperate and I should fly home to WA and he would go to MN. So while in the airport I went to check in and I didn't have my licencse (it was at the jail), but they let me through anyway. Then the dream changed from Western bank robbing to a horror film. All of a sudden we were in a creepy train station type place and there were these creatures crawling on the ceiling that were eating people. But I was smart and instead of going with the cops who always get eaten in movies I went and hid by myself and then I woke up (I think the last part has to do with watching the X-Files recently)
Dream #3 I guess polygamy came back and Andrew got a second wife. My dream was on their wedding day and Andrew didn't talk to me the whole day. So I packed up my things and took the car and left him. Because the car is in Andrew's name he called the cops and reported it missing so I got pulled over because I was driving a stolen car. I told the cop he could have the stupid car. I woke up as Andrew was getting ready at 4:30 am. I told him I was really mad at him (and I really was). He says I have dreams like that because he is such a perfect husband I have to dream of him doing bad things...I laughed and went back to bed.
Monday, August 3, 2009
1. It's a girl! Andrew and I found out that we are going to be having a little baby girl. We are still thinking of a name, even though we have had lots of help thinking of one. One of the girls I work with who is disabled thinks Octavia Universe Smith sounds adorable...I have to think about that one a little more ha ha! Then my sister Sam thought Catherine Abagail Jessica would be a good name. So until we get that figured out she will still be Pinto for now.
2. Eviction! On Friday our Tantrum Crooks (name given by Sam) were officially evicted. I felt pretty powerful with two Sherrif Deputies with me while I was changing the locks...once they left I felt like a little school girl dodging the bullies on the playground. They didn't pack up one thing except for their TV. So this week Andrew and I get to go through all of their crap and inventory it and keep it for 30 days by law. If they want to get anything out they have to pay a reasonable storage fee (we are saying $15 a day) and then they can get some stuff. After 30 days anything they left becomes ours...or mostly it will be in the possesion of the dump. But we are so glad to have them gone! Now we won't have the cops at our place once a week (which I was told by the deputy that 5 times in one month isn't bad for them, SERIOUSLY?!) Now we are trying to get the missionaries to be our tenants, that way cops will never be there, they won't be home all day and will go to bed early, cigarette smoke wont be wafting into our house. We are really hoping it will work out.
3. Utah. We went to Utah this past weekend for a baby blessing, birthday party, and to see the Backman fam. We had alot of fun, especially hanging out with Sammy. On Sunday she was hilarious! After eating dinner she cleared everyones plates and my grandpa said to save your forks for dessert. Sam wouldn't have anything to do with that, they were dirty and we needed fresh forks! She yelled at my grandpa "Seriously though!" Never heard that one before. Then she dropped something and made this face and said "My Bad!" I didn't know if I would ever breathe again I was laughing so hard. I love that girl and miss all the funny things she does.
So now we are back in Winnemucca until September when we are going up to WA for labor day, so anyone is invited to stop by anytime they want : )
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Wedding day April 26, 2008
Field Camp 2008
Graduation December 12, 2008
Moving from Rexburg...goodbye stuff until we meet again in 4 months
Christmas 2008 at Backmans. Sam and Andrew picked out the tree
Hawaii January 2009
Welcome to Winnemucca January 24, 2009
Our home for 5 weeks, the Val-U Motel
Our house April 24, 2009
Flowers at our house
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
So this house is a little more expensive and is also in a little bit better shape. We really liked it but it has been pulled off the market, so we are waiting for it to come back on.
For some reason I really liked this house, I don’t know why. I love the bathroom, I think it is so cute! This house comes with an apartment that is sealed off from the house, which we could rent out and make a little extra cash which is a plus. Also I think it comes with a cat, haha! I think the people who had to leave there home can’t have animals or something because there is a little bed set up for the cat in a utility closet outside and it has been there every time I have been to the house. I think someone is feeding it though, but who knows, maybe it will become ours, haha! Unfortunately neither Andrew or I like cats, but Andrew said he can stick around outside if he takes care of any rodents : )
This is the cat hut
Well the chicken was not the only one at Hawaii, there were 15 of us actually. My parents (Bret and Ruth), their parents (Ray, Shirley, and Dorth), my aunt and uncle (Steve and Sheri), all my siblings (Andy, Ashley, Jord, Sam, and Dani) Ashley's grandmother (Sybil, or Stella to my mother, and whatever name Dorth fancied to call her), then Andrew and me. While we were in Hawaii we stayed on O'ahu first and then we went to Kaua'i. We did alot of beach time, and I think I may have gotten over my fear of the ocean (I've watched to many Shark Weeks on discovery channel). Other highlights of the trip were a beautiful hike that we did, unfortunately it was cut short, but it was still fun. We also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center which was fun. Hawaii was a blast and we had so much fun being in nice weather and good company.