Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WHY I LOVE MY HUSBAND

In our kitchen the faucet had a leak. At first it was just a little drip, so I thought no big deal. But when Andrew went to class Monday night at 6pm the water drip turned into a steady stream. I took it upon myself to try and fix it, all of Andrew’s tools were out from working on other things in the house. So I started messing with it and I was able to tighten something down and it brought the stream back to a drip. Mission accomplished I thought…no. After I put the handles back on the stream came back. So I thought to myself, it worked last time, maybe it just needs to be a little tighter. Unfortunately the shut off valves to the sink our really old and won’t turn, so at this point the water is still on. When I started to tighten the handle again something popped off and all of a sudden scalding hot water was shooting out of where the handle is supposed to be. Lucky for me we had the plumber out who showed me where the emergency shut off valve to our house is. I ran to it and turned the water off (even thought it takes forever for that knob to turn all the way off). When I got back into the kitchen everything was soaked! I thought to myself, its only 7 I can have this fixed before Andrew gets home. Oh how wrong I was. I went to Wal-Mart (the only place open that had a kitchen faucet) and bought a new faucet. I came home and started to take off the old and broken faucet. Since it is so old I couldn’t unscrew anything. I used half a bottle of lime away trying to unclog everything, but it didn’t work. I waited until Andrew got home at 10pm. I was worried he was going to be angry since he has to get up at 4:30 every morning and now I was making him stay up even later. He just laughed a little and took his angle grinder to the screws and tore the old faucet apart. He got it off and hooked up our new one. Now there is no drip : )

1 comment:

Rebekah Wood said...

Oh my word, that is hilarious and precious. I need a guy like Andrew! He reminds me of my dad because my dad's a handy man as well. Y'all are awesome. Hands down. The end. :)