Thursday, April 9, 2009

MOTEL LIFE

As many of you may or may not know, Andrew and I have been living in the Val-U Motel for the past couple of weeks and for the next week or two. This is how we got ourselves in this predicament. When we moved to Winnemucca, NV Andrew’s company set us up in their company trailer for 30 days or until someone new comes in. Well since a lot of the mines aren’t really hiring right now we thought we would be safe staying in the trailer until we got into our house…but we were wrong. We were told that someone was coming to stay in the trailer and we had to be out at the end of the week. Well at this point we had made an offer on the Hoskins house and were waiting for our closing date, April 15th. We looked for an apartment, but nobody wants to rent to you for a month except for motels. So here we are living in the Val U Motel until our house closes which could be as late as the 21st now. I know everyone is jealous and wishes they could live the life of luxury…room service, free breakfast (which consists of toast and stale muffins), ice machines (which is broken), pool (which is closed for winter), and all that fun stuff! I would post a picture of this place, but every time I try to upload pictures the internet here doesn’t allow it, but when we are out of here I will try to put one up so you all can see how classy we have been living.

2 comments:

JGW said...

Like I said, you are full of class :)
Oh, and I just read your comment on my story about you and your matchmaking skills. No, you weren't that bad. :) Why, it's a good thing you set me up on some dates or else I would have had to buy a cat and take up knitting.

CanoeMN said...

My favorite of all of this is Andrew telling you "why don't you go get a taco?" I think that will be the new code phrase for go away for a little while :)