Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HARVEST TIME

After all summer of waiting our corn was in need of being harvested...badly! Andrew and I didn't know when corn is ready so yesterday he went out and picked all of our corn, most of which was getting old. So we decided to make freezer corn out of it. We ended up with a pretty good crop. While Andrew was out in the garden he found a zucchini that was hiding from us all summer. Our garden was alot of fun this year and it is coming to an end, we are supposed to get a pretty good frost this week : (

3 comments:

CanoeMN said...

Wow! I am impressed. Not one thing grew in my garden this year and I planted it twice! My flowers did finally take root and I have a lilac bush but nothing so tasty as zucchini and corn. Bridget and I bought some corn in Wisconsin in August (they call it candy corn there! for sweet corn -weird). Bridget had the best trick -- after we blanched the corn, she put the ears on an angel food cake pan and cut it off there. It was genius -- the corn fell into the bowl and the hole in the bowl held the ear while you cut. Good job on the yard sale too. PS I still want to see a photo of your hippy free garden friends :)

CanoeMN said...

PPS do you call pinto Zucchini now?

Bridget said...

That looks like a fair winning blue ribbon zucchini!