Sunday, September 27, 2009

YARD SALE

Yesterday I finally did it, I had my first yard sale. But unlike most yard sales, I didn't sell anything that I purchased. The people who were in our apartment and left all of their stuff made me about $120...well sort of...it makes up for all the utility bills they left for us. But I got rid of all of their stuff. A gal came by earlier in the day and was interested in all the clothes I was selling for 25 cents each. She bought about $5 worth of clothes and said she would come back. When my yard sale was just about done she came with a 20 dollar bill and asked if she could have all the clothes. I told them go right ahead. She explained to me that she has a ton of family and friends who really need clothes and blankets. I am really glad that she came back and that the clothes and blankets went somewhere useful rather than the dump. Then another lady paid me $10 for all the stuff left at the yard sale. I didn't want to do the yard sale another day (especially since all the clothes were gone and that's where I made most of my money) and the two thrift stores in town are not accepting donations. So I let that lady take the rest of it. It was a pretty productive day;I made $120, helped people, and got rid of all the stuff in the cargo trailer (which is going to be used to help some people move in the next 2 weeks).

No comments: