Thursday, June 24, 2010

San Francisco


About 3 weeks ago Andrew and I went to San Francisco for a long weekend. Since Andrew has Mondays off he got to choose when he wanted to take off his Memorial Day Holiday, so he took it on Friday and we had a 4 day weekend in San Fran. It was sooo fun (and much needed). We have been working a ton on the house (mostly the yard) and needed a break. On our way we stopped at the Jelly Belly Factory and did the tour and got some free jellybeans…mmm. Olivia did great on the car ride to CA, I was impressed. We stayed at a really nice Marriott that my Uncle Steve hooked us up with. We went to Fisherman’s Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, Chinatown, you know all the touristy things and we loved it. We got some pretty cute pictures of Olivia sitting on a ledge. It looked like I had just perched her on a wall with a 100 foot cliff behind it. Some people walked by and were scared to death until Andrew popped up from a ledge that you couldn’t see. On Sunday we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge and went to see the redwoods at Muir Woods National Park. It was gorgeous there! It was so awesome! I wished that I was a better photographer because I just couldn’t capture the beauty with my camera. On Monday we packed up and headed out. We took a detour and stopped by the Oakland Temple for a bit and then started the journey home. Olivia slept for quite a bit of it, but when we were about 1 hour out of Reno she started getting pretty fussy, so I thought I would just feed her some peas that we had and it worked great until she started getting full and I became super carsick! It was horrible! Screaming baby, headache, feeling like I was going to vomit…awesome right? Well Andrew thought so because the next exit happened to be Cabelas exit (I think Andrew planned it). Once I felt better we got back on the road and the little monster screamed the last 2 ½ hours. But it was a blast other than the heinous ride home : )





1 comment:

Brenden+Nikki said...

You guys have such a beautiful baby! Love that pic of her on the ledge...I can see why people nearly had a heart attack :)

So glad you guys got to go on a nice vacation! I'm jealous - we need one too. You guys deserve it though, sounds like you've been working hard!